Here are some short tutorials to help you create simple artwork in Photoshop
begin by creating a simple image, say a logo, in Photoshop.
- Launch Photoshop and create a new page.
the Rectangle Tool from the tool palette. The Rectangle tool is on the lower
- Select a style you want your Rectangle to have. The styles can be found
on the top menu. If you leave the style empty, your shape will have the
color selected in the color palette.
- Make sure "New Shape Layer" is selected in the top menu.
- Click and drag on the page to create a rectangle. If you hold the Shift
key down while you are dragging you can constrain your shape to a square.
- If you change your mind about the style applied, you can select a new
one from the styles palette by double-clicking on the new style. Make sure
the layer the shape is on is selected in the layers palette.
- If you want to change a color, double-click on the color swatch in the
layers palette. The color palette opens and you can select a new color.
- To make the "X" in the above logo, I selected the "X"
shape from the custom shapes (hold down the rectangle in the tool palette
to see other shape options.
- On a third layer I type "terra" and position on the page. I
can change the font, color and size of the type all from the top menu.
- Don't forget to save your file often to prevent losing your work.
Next we will optimize this logo for our web page
Copyright 2003 | Something Graphic
20 November, 2003